Server Issues

Under View Sessions

1. Would be nice to see who’'s talking encrypted and who is not.

2. Would be nice to see client port and server port.

1. Would be nice to see who’'s talking encrypted and who is not.

In the Client Sessions window, under Status, you should see a lock icon if the user is using SSL.

Personally, I just set the server up to only allow for encrypted traffic. Then I know that EVERYONE is doing it the way I want them to.

I’'m confused.

I opened up a packet sniffer and some of these connections that I see are on port 5222.

Is 5222 always unencrypted? The Server Ports on the main screen only shows SSL or TLS on port 5223.

Hi

port 5222 accepts encrypted (TLS) and plain connections. Port 5223 is used for the old SSL method and therefore always encrypted.

LG

So just to clarify. (I’'m launching this service for a client that requires encryption).

1. 5222 will only accept TLS if I set “Client Connection Security” to “Required - Clients can only connect to the server using secured connections.” There is no chance of unencrypted communications occuring. Correct?

2. On the Sessions --> Client Sessions, if there is a LOCK, the connection is encrypted. Correct?

Side topic

Regarding

1. 5222 will only accept TLS if I set “Client Connection Security” to “Required - Clients can only connect to the server using secured connections.” There is no chance of unencrypted communications occuring. Correct?

Will Jwchat still work if I set “Client Connection Security” to "Required , any idea? how can I check that? my Jwchat is already on tomcat SSL connection.

Regards,

wmhtet

Hi.

@1. und 2. Correct(*

LG

(*That’'s how it should work, and there seems to be no known bug, so one could say that this is correct.)

@wmhtet

I’'m sure that JWChat/HTTPBind is not using SSL to connect to Wildfire and it will stop working if you require SSL. You can check this by setting “Client Connection Security” to “Required”. Of course this has nothing to do with the web http/https access to JWChat.

LG