Server suddenly stopped working ... seriously

I’ve got a openfire 3.5.0 server that’s been running fine for quite a long time (upgraded through various revisions).

About 30 minutes ago it just stopped working. I can’t figure out why.

It appears that I can log in … but the only entry in my roster is a the one muc that I spend most of the time in. None of my buddies are showing up.

I seem to be able to join a MUC, but nothing I type shows up.

There are various errors in my log files … but I can’t make heads or tails of most of them.

A few that jump out at me …

2008.04.17 13:34:46 org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PresenceManagerImpl.userUnavalable(PresenceManager Impl.java:267) Error storing offline presence of user: daid

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Duplicatentry ‘david’ for key 1

2008.04.17 13:39:26 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory$1.error(ComonsLogFactory.java:8 7) Line=19 The content of element type “dwr” must match “init?,allow?,signatures?)”.

2008.04.17 10:15:28 org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPcketsTask.run(Auditor Impl.java:334) Internal server error

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.ensureMaxDays(Auditormpl.java:2 47)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.access$100(AuditorImp.java:30)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTaskrun(Audito rImpl.java:329)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

I’m completely stumped … the server is totally unuseable at this point.

I don’t even know what kind of diagnostics to gather other than the following:

Server host is Fedora 8

Database is

MySQL

5.0.45 (

mysql-connector-java-5.0.8 ( Revision: ${svn.Revision} ))

HELP!

Thanks!

david

Ok, it gets even weirder.

Now it’s working.

I have no idea what happened.