Server To Server Communication Doubt

Hello

We are running two wildfire servers, one is in our intranet for internal chatting which doesn’'t have a Public IP and another server in another city which is having a Public IP. Do I need a Public IP for the server that we are using for internal chatting to communicate with other wildfire server which is having Public IP.

Please let me know if anyone needs more information.

Thanks.

Hey Deepak,

Is the internal server running behind a router (using NAT)? You can configure the router to forward traffic on port 5269 to the IP address of the internal server. Also make sure that firewalls should have port 5269 opened so that the internal server can contact the remote/public server.

Regards,

– Gato

Hi,

does the public available server have a private IP address and is it connected to your LAN where the other server is running?

LG

Hello dombiak_gaston & it200

Publically available server is not in our LAN, it is in another city. YES, our internal server is running behind a router. So do I need public IP to communicate with that server?

Thanks for replying,

Deepak

Yes, you have to forward 5269 on the public interface (router) to port 5269 on your server (through its firewall, if it has one).

Hi

YES, our internal server is running behind a router. So do I need public IP to communicate with that server?

The public server needs to know the xmpp.domain of your private server and it’'s IP addess (the one of the router).

If your router has a static IP address you may want to edit the /etc/hosts file of your public server and add it there. Port-Forwarding of the router should be easy, you may want to limit the servers which may connect to your server on page http://server:9090/server2server-settings.jsp

If you have a dynamic IP address s-2-s may get complicated.

LG