Server to Server Connectivity Issue

Hi,

I am newbee on this community, pls help me to solve this issue ASAP. As i am trying to solve this in pass few months.

No result yet.

We had configured two Openfire server with 3.4.5 ver located at different located with AD auth configured

and also added whitelist on server IP as well as hostname.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bharathvn

Wha tis your specific error or problem you are having?

Hi,

Thanks for your response,

Few users are logging through server 1 and others from server 2

We don’t see each other logged on server, moreover i don’t see the session established between servers.

Thanks,

Bharathvn

A S2S connection should only occur when a chat or group chat is started between users on the 2 different servers. I am not sure but the addition of users from server 1 to the roster of users of server 2 might make the S2S connection start as well when the server 2 chat clients are started.

Hi,

I hope when 2 users are online on each server, should have session established between servers.

Thanks,

Bharathvn

Make sure the users from each server have each other in their rosters

Hi,

Yes, we added at both side, but we are still not able to chat each other.

Thanks,

Bharathvn

Hi,

If you have connectivity between the two servers, and on port 5269, it should work…

Mine works fine, but I have a problem with PRESENCE… both sides show the user as OFF LINE and absolutely no presnece status and no “user typing” status etc.

Not sure why, both servers on same network, but different domains…

Manny

This was killing a few days ago.

First try to ping the opposing server just as you have it entered in the server properties.

Second if you can ping both servers from each server. Exp ping server a from server b is good and from server b to server a is good. The attempt to telnet server a from server b (telnet server a 5269) do the same on server a to b. If both respond then you will have look closer at the logs.

Also if both servers are behind nat or firewall make sure that port 5269 is passing correctly.

HI,

Thanks for your post,

I am able to telnet to other sever with the specified port no. and i can able to ping.

Both server are on same Windows domain and located in different location.

Thanks,

Bharathvn