Server to Server Issue

Hi All,

I recently upgraded one of my jabber servers to openfire 3.3.2 I have a second jabber server running out of the UK running wildfire 3.1.0 and until the upgrade to 3.3.2 I had the two communicating via a server to server link that for some reason has failed to come back up since the upgrade.

I have the error log from the 3.1.0 machine and it’s saying connection refused by the 3.3.2 server, the thing that is strange to me is that both servers are running the exact same configuration files, the only difference is that the 3.3.2 server’s config file was changed over to read openfire instead of wildfire in the conf xml file.

Do I need to upgrade the second server to 3.3.2 to get the s2s link back up?

Below is the error log from the 3.1.0 server.

2007.09.20 16:40:46 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Out goingServerSession.java:259) Error trying to connect to remote server: jabberus.corp.wdsglobal.com(DNS lookup: jabberus.corp.wdsglobal.com:5269)

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Ou tgoingServerSession.java:254)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outgo ingServerSession.java:140)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPac ket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:130)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSess ionPromise.java:40)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSession Promise.java:95)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2007.09.20 16:40:48 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Out goingServerSession.java:259) Error trying to connect to remote server: corp.wdsglobal.com(DNS lookup: corp.wdsglobal.com:5269)

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Ou tgoingServerSession.java:254)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outgo ingServerSession.java:183)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPac ket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:130)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSess ionPromise.java:40)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSession Promise.java:95)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2007.09.20 16:40:48 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Out goingServerSession.java:259) Error trying to connect to remote server: wdsglobal.com(DNS lookup: wdsglobal.com:5269

Hi,

can you access the other server using telnet with “telnet jabberus.corp.wdsglobal.com 5269”?

If you can I wonder if the IP address of the remote server did change and you did not restart Openfire. Java caches the DNS replies forever which is very bad.

LG

Well I can telnet into 5269 on the UK based server. But I found a rogue dns entry that was using a second hostname for the jabberus server which I’ve removed.

I can’t reach 5269 on jabberus however, anyway to get java to dump it’s dns cache command line wise?