Server to Server - Unable to locate the conference service

Hi folks,

I’ve been searching trying to find a solution on here and haven’t come up with a solution, so my apologies if this is something simple I’ve just overlooked.

I have two virtual machines, each one is running Openfire 3.7.1. On them I have Transverse 1.5 and Spark 2.6.3. Each server’s Spark client can connect to itself, and to the other server with no problem at all if I go directly. The VM network is a flat switch with no routing, and both servers are on the same subnet.

Eg:

Spark1 -> Server 1

Spark1 -> Server 2

Spark 2 -> Server 1

Spark 2 -> Server 2

All of that works no problem. I have DNS, and can ping the respective FQDNs from each other (server, conference.server, search.server) in both directions. I have checked my server settings, and have Anyone selected under “Allowed to Connect”. I can telnet back and forth between the two servers on port 5269 with no problem, and the firewall on both machines is disabled.

Under Security Settings I have “accept self-signed certificates” checked., Client connection security Optional/Server connection security Optional.

So in a nutshell, I have DNS, the actual Openfire servers are working properly and I have no network-related things that would block the connection.

When I go into Spark, or Transverse (I tried both clients for good measure) I am unable to load the remote conference service on the other server. So if I log into server1 and add conference.server2, I get “Unable to locate the conference service” in Spark. Transverse adds the remote server to the list (which means nothing, it’ll happily add “afsdfjsl.sdfsdf” as well) but it can’t pull the room listing.

I’m stumped. I brought up Wireshark and I do see a TCP connection being made from one server to the other when I try adding the remote server, but I can’t connect to the conference service on either server.

Any insight would very much be appreciated. Thanks!

Alsso, I do see an error in the WARN log that says “Ignoring unexpected answer in validation from server2 for domain server1”. I’m not quite sure what this means.

(Those aren’t my actual server names, obviously)