I trying to build plugin with servlet. Servlet doesn’‘t register with web.xml. According to JM-151 merging of user and jspc generated web.xml should work. But for me it doesn’'t. I checked ant file and everything looks ok to me. Any help here?
Are you using the latest code out of CVS? Servlet support in plugins won’'t work until 2.1.3 for official releases.
Yes, I did. I tried with latest from CVS, as of 1 hour ago. Doesn’‘t work for me. I put web.xml in /src/web/WEB-INF and it doesn’‘t finish in merged web.xml in .jar Don’‘t know why, code in ant build looks it should be doing it, but for some reason it is not. Maybe I’'m missing something. I use latest messenger from CVS. I can send code, it is just wrapper for HTTP Binding done by zeank.
Can you send me a zip by email and I’‘ll try to debug what’'s going on?
you put web.xml in /src/web/.it can finish in merged servlet.after ant plugins,servlet’‘s deployed file isn’'t put to /web/WEB-INF .it is put web.xml in /web.
Hi,matt,i already add coding in forum,May you view where is problem in it?servlet can’'t normal work.
No, this is not how it is supposed to work. This is just side effect of how build is run. If you check ant build file line 873 to 901 you will see how build is supposed to work.
Matt, I sent sample to your email.
Didn’‘t get your email yet, but I’'ll look into this issue more today. Several people are running into it now.
any news on this
Ok, I think we have a fix in CVS now. The problem we found was if a custom web.xml was defined but no JSP pages – the merge logic didn’'t account for that case. The build script should now properly work with a custom web.xml but no JSP pages. Please let me know how it works for you.
i compiled it in jive_messenger_src_2005-04-20.my plugin can make web.xml file,but my servlet program can’‘t run in /plugins/Presence.it is say can’'t find page.
whether my program have some problem.
presence.jar (4549 Bytes)
Ryan posted another thread yesterday that may explain the problem – the PluginServlet may be trying to read the web.xml from the wrong place. In any case, we’'ll definitely specifically test this stuff before doing the final 2.1.3 release later today.