Session disconnecting

When someone gets disconnected, what it shows for this user in Admin Console? Is it still showing on Sessions page? Is it showing as online on Users page? You should update to 4.3.2, there were a few bugs fixed that could be related and needed to make a change if your issue is what i think (Stream Management related).

1 Like

In the admin console it shows that the user is Online.
I had the same issue in the 3.9.3 version and the update to 4.3 the issue had gone. There is a note in the patch note of 4.3 that this issue was solved.

I will schedule a new update and test.
Thank You :slight_smile:

I have the same question in 4.3.2. and I login second by the usr that online and the same session .the second session will be droped in about 10 min

I has just updated my server and the error persists.

You can try adding a system property stream.management.active with a value false. This will disable SM, which tries to keep sessions for disconnected users online, so they don’t have to reconnect (good for mobile users). Then see if that changes anything about your issue.

Ok.
I’m going to create and wait. Thank you for the help (:

I think this setting should work immediately, but i still suggest restarting Openfire after creating it.

I’ve set the stream.management.active false and everything is working fine.
Thank wroot. U ROCK

1 Like

Hi all
Psi maintainer is here! :slight_smile:

@wroot, I don’t know why but only OpenFire users complaining about this problem and disabling SM on client side is always a solution.
Is it some problem with SM in OpenFire?

Could be. But also depends on a version of Openfire. There was a bug in SM in older versions.

I just installed 4.4.0 on localhost. Seems to work fine with SM.

Hi rion!

What is the SM and how may I disable it?
Thank you

You already marked this discussion as solved, so i’m puzzled. SM is short for stream management, which i believe you have already disabled.

Yeah, I have disabled it. I was just curious to know.
Thank you again (:

@wroot i know this thread has been closed but since i am facing the same issue posting it here rather then creating new thread.

I am facing the same issue i am using server version 4.4.1 and it showing me online on user page but on session summary there are nothing so what should i do as i am already on the latest version.

I was using openfire - 4.1.3 and every thing was fine but updated after checking lot’s of optimization but stuck here.

Anyway to resolve this issue i have disable the SM but i am not sure is it going to help or not i will check for next couple of days and update again.

Thanks.

If you have already disabled SM, i don’t have anything to add. Wait and see if this solves your issue. If not, open a new thread.

Issue still persists do i need to disable sm from both side i mean client and server ?

I have set a system property stream.management.active as false, Do i need to restart my server after setting this property ?

I don’t think restart is needed, but you can restart to be sure. As i’ve said, if you still get the issue, this is probably not related to SM and you should post a new thread, maybe provide logs.

I don’t think you have to disable it on the client side if server has it disabled.

created a new topic with providing crash logs.

thanks

I have set the stream.management.active false and apparently it is working fine, will observe it for a while