Session online but user offline?

Hi, I’ve encountered a user on my Openfire server that seems Online in the “Client Sessions” page but offline in the “User Summary” page in the Administration Console.

1. He is online using Spark.

2. He appears online on the “Client Sessions” page in AC.

3. He appears offline on the “User Summary” page in AC.

4. He appears offline on others rosters (this is the real bummer).

5. He appears online(!)# using the presence plugin on a web page.

As far as I can tell only this user have this problem and it remains even if I restart the server. I use Openfire 3.3.2 with LDAP integration. I can’t find any errors in the errorlog regarding this user.

Any clues?

/John

Could you provide some additional information please:

1. Server OS

2. Client OS

3. Spark Version

4. Security software on both (Firewall)

i nearly had the same problem, but i had some errors in error.log: the error occured every time a user signed on, and at that time the error is duplicated for every user in the ldap database.so every login produces about 30 errors on my error.log.

2007.09.07 16:12:21 org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapGroupProvider.populateGroups(LdapGroupProvid er.java:679)

javax.naming.InvalidNameException: Invalid name: lastname_firstname

at javax.naming.ldap.Rfc2253Parser.doParse(Rfc2253Parser.java:86)

at javax.naming.ldap.Rfc2253Parser.parseDn(Rfc2253Parser.java:45)

at javax.naming.ldap.LdapName.parse(LdapName.java:772)

at javax.naming.ldap.LdapName.<init>(LdapName.java:108)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapGroupProvider.populateGroups(LdapGroupProvid er.java:663)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapGroupProvider.getGroup(LdapGroupProvider.jav a:99)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.GroupManager.getGroup(GroupManager.java:184)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.RosterItem.getSharedGroups(RosterItem.java:391 )

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.Roster.getReset(Roster.java:521)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.manageRoster(IQRosterHandler. java:202)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.handleIQ(IQRosterHandler.java :105)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:48)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:300)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:104)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:289)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler .java:79)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:254)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:153)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:132)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:703)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:62)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:200)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :266)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:326)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 650)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

i noticed the error i think after i changed from active directory to openldap on gentoo linux.

but then I changed the following setting it worked again:

server settings ->profile settings -> change the ldap options on the third page with the groups, i enabled posix on this page and it worked. do restart after that change, i think it could help

please tell if it worked

Hi Todd. Yes of course - here is the additional information:

1. Server is running on Fedora 5.

2. Client is running Windows XP with SP2.

3. Spark version is 2.5.6.

4. The server has no firewall (it is a internal corporate server). I will have to check up on the client however and get back to you, but I doubt he is running any firewalls.

Cheers,

/John

The computer where the client is running used Windows XP firewall. I told the user to restart Spark and after doing that he appeared online on other peoples contact list and also in the “User summary” in the AC (still running the firewall).

So, the problem seems to have “gone away” for the time being, and that is good enought for me.

Cheers,

/John