SessionManger#sendServerMessage() Issues

Hi All,

I’'ve come across of couple of issues when trying to use the SessionManger#sendServerMessage() method:

1. sendServerMessage() method never actually throws a SessionNotFoundException

2. SessionManager#getSession() returns a null ClientSession if it tries to get the session from a client that is offline. I’'m not sure if this is by design, but it prevents the server from delivering messages to users who are offline.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan,

On #2 – since it’‘s a method of session manager, I’'m not sure it would make sense to be able to send messages to offline users. Do we need another method to send messages to offline users, or would just sending a message packet work?

-Matt

Matt,

Do we need another method

to send messages to offline users, or would just

sending a message packet work?

I can just send a packet. It’‘s just one of those documentation things, as I wrote above I just wasn’'t sure if dropping the message was the intended behavior.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hey Ryan,

I created JM-262 for this issue and it has been fixed now.

1. SessionManager#sendServerMessage no longer throws SessionNotFoundException

2. Messages sent to offline users will be stored offline (depending on the offline strategy)

Regards,

– Gato

Hi Gato,

(something happened to my last response so I’'m re-posting…)

It looks like there still might be an issue with messages not being delivered. I’'m now seeing these messages in the warning log whenever the registration plugin attempts to send a server message:

Session not found for packet. Packet domain: localhost Server name: null

I’‘m in the process of trying to track down why/where the serverName is being set to null, I’'ll post again if I uncover anything useful.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hey Ryan,

Check out the latest code from CVS both of Messenger and your plugin and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

– Gato

Hi Gato,

Things look great. I feel a bit foolish over my confusion about the offline server messages but I certainly appreciate you getting me straightened out.

Thanks again for all your help,

Ryan