Set an user admin or mederator

Greetings,

I’'ve just installed Wildfire as Jabber server, and I know have a working Jabber server. But I wonder how I can create an admin or a moterator… Is that possible through web admin panel ?

And by the way, how can I user mysql for wildfire ? (under debian). Do I have something special to install ?

thanks for help

Hi personne,

personne wrote:

I’'ve just installed Wildfire as Jabber server, and I know have a working Jabber server. But I wonder how I can create an admin or a moterator… Is that possible through web admin panel ?

You can allow additional users to access the Wildfire Admin Console but currently there isn’'t a way to setup moderators; take a look the section of the wildfire.xml file for details.

And by the way, how can I user mysql for wildfire ? (under debian). Do I have something special to install ?

I’‘m sorry I’‘m not sure what you’‘re asking. You can use Wildfire with MySQL but MySQL doesn’'t come with Wildfire. Take a look at the database setup section of the Wildfire documentation for details.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Ok thanks for the admin thing ^^

About mysql, I tried to connect mysql and it told me it wasn’'t able to get connected. Then I wonder if I have some JDBC specific package to install, or version requierment, or anything like that, or if I simply entered the wrong password ?

There could be several reasons for that. Can you provide the trace log?

In fact it was just a host configuration mistake, thans for help ^^