Setup Loop, Help!

Every time I finish running the setup, it just goes back to the begining of the setup process again. I have checked the openfire.xml and tried changing the setup from true to false to false to true, and nothing. Still stuck in the setup loop… here is an error log if it is any help. Please help, this all started when the server was rebooted.

[root@SambaIPS logs]# tail -F error.log
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:829)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)

Also i set the openfire.xml file to 777 so it shouldn’t be a permissions issue should it?

Hi,

it may make sense to post the whole log file and not only some bit of the stack trace.

LG

I am not the biggest expert in linux, does this help any…? I have tried everything i know

2010.04.23 08:52:28 [org.jivesoftware.util.JiveGlobals.loadSetupProperties(JiveGlobals.java:835)]
java.io.IOException: Error on line 1 of document : The processing instruction target matching “[xX][mM][lL]” is not allowed. Nested exception: The processing instruction target
matching “[xX][mM][lL]” is not allowed.
at org.jivesoftware.util.XMLProperties.buildDoc(XMLProperties.java:475)
at org.jivesoftware.util.XMLProperties.(XMLProperties.java:114)
at org.jivesoftware.util.XMLProperties.(XMLProperties.java:63)
at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveGlobals.loadSetupProperties(JiveGlobals.java:832)
at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveGlobals.getHomeDirectory(JiveGlobals.java:236)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:132)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1093)
at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)
at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)
at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:66)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)
at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:42)
at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)
at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:146)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:206)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:829)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)

Hi,

it looks like your openfire.xml file contains invalid characters. Does “xmlwf openfire.xml” return an error? You could try to use http://www.igniterealtime.org/fisheye/browse/~raw,r=10198/svn-org/openfire/trunk /src/conf/openfire.xml as a new openfire.xml file.

LG

[root@SambaIPS conf]# xmlwf openfire.xml
openfire.xml:1:5: not well-formed (invalid token)

That is what it gave me…???

I also tried using the new openfire.xml file you posted for me, and just got the same results… Setup just keeps looping.

Hi,

so it’s not well formed. It looks like you enter data which causes the XML file to be damaged. Please upload you openfire.xml file after removing sensitive data.

LG

I think I may have made things worse… I tried to uninstall it, and reinstall it. Ran that command you told me again and got these results…

[root@SambaIPS conf]# xmlwf openfire.xml
openfire.xml:125:0: unclosed CDATA section

Here is my current file…

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

admin

en

org.jivesoftware.database.EmbeddedConnectionProvider

true

cn=Users;dc=NL-IMPACT,dc=local

Directory Manager

true

false

false

false

sAMAccountName

(objectClass=organizationalPerson)

<![CDATA[

{cn}

{mail}

{displayName}

{homePostalAddress}

{homeZip}

{co}

{streetAddress}

{l}

{st}

{postalCode}

{co}

{homePhone}

{mobile}

{telephoneNumber}

{mobile}

{facsimileTelephoneNumber}

{pager}

{title}

{department}

Hi,

this is the CDATA section “<![CDATA[” without end. And it looks like the last lines of your file are missing.

LG

I guess i am just way too new at all this… Is there a way to just unistall it and then reinstall it again and just start over?

Hi,

of course you can uninstall and re-install it again. You may want to make sure that the conf/ and the embedded-db/ directory are empty / removed after the uninstallation. I assume that you do do not yet use certificates so it may be safe to delete the whole openfire folder.

LG

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling before with no luck, but removing the old files then reinstalling seemed to work. Thanks for your help