SIP Account problem: NetworkError

I’‘ve installed WildFire 3.2.2 Enterprise (running on a 30 trial), added a user, then setup the SIP settings. When Spark 2.5.0 beta3 client connects it doesn’'t have the Softphone feature enabled. I went back to the SIP settings and tried using the “Test” button and it returns “SIP Account problem: NetworkError”.

I have full logging enabled via the admin interface but the logs show nothing. It’‘s as if clicking on Test and the result shown never happened. Is there a log file for this somewhere that’'s not viewable in the admin log section, or enableable (new word!)? I tried grep -i sip /opt/wildfire/logs/** and nothing shows. Also tried grep -i phone /opt/wildfire/logs/** but that only showed the following:

error.log: at org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin.init(PhonePlugin.java:82)

error.log: at org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin.initializePlugin(PhonePlugin.java:64)

error.log:2007.02.23 02:57:04 org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin.destroy(PhonePlugin.java:121)

error.log: at org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin.destroy(PhonePlugin.java:118)

error.log: at org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin.destroyPlugin(PhonePlugin.java:108)

error.log: at org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin.destroy(PhonePlugin.java:123)

error.log: at org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin.destroyPlugin(PhonePlugin.java:108)

error.log: at org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin.init(PhonePlugin.java:82)

error.log: at org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin.initializePlugin(PhonePlugin.java:64)

info.log:2007.02.23 02:56:14 Initializing phone plugin

info.log:2007.02.23 02:57:04 Unregistering phone plugin as a component

info.log:2007.02.23 02:57:21 Initializing phone plugin

Asterisk is the SIP server and X-Lite connects and operates just fine. I even tried adding the Asterisk-IM plugin (I believe this is not required for Enterprise?) but that didn’'t even show as a tab, in the admin interface, as it did in older versions of Wildfire.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Dan

Message was edited by: RaBiDFLY

Hey Dan,

It seems that some errors may be printed to the stderr while others may go to the error.log. Could you check for errors in both places?

Thanks,

– Gato

I’‘ve looked in all the log files and there is nothing related to this. The only result is in the admin interface and it’'s “SIP Account problem: NetworkError”.

Tcpdump doesn’'t even see any packets leaving that host destined for the pbx.

Anything I can do to try to trace this?

Thanks.

Dan

Message was edited by: RaBiDFLY

So when you try to save your SIP settings you see that message? Or is it somewhere else within the wildfire admin console? If it is occurring when trying to save your SIP settings, can you list what you entered for your settings?

There’'s no problem entering the sip account data, only when clicking on the “Test” button: which returns me to the same users SIP Settings page with a RED X followed by a message stating “SIP Account problem: NetworkError”.

I’'ve run tcpdump -i any pbx.hostname on the server watching for it to attempt to connect to our Asterisk server, but nothing happens.

SIP Settings

SIP server: pbx.hostname

Voice Mail Number: *97

SIP Phone Mappings

Enabled Status Username SIP Username Server Edit Delete

1 Unregistered dcyr 7342 pbx.hostname [dcyr |https://wildfire.priv.nccc.ca:9091/plugins/enterprise/create-sipark-mapping.jsp? node=dcyr|???global.click_edit???] [dcyr |https://wildfire.priv.nccc.ca:9091/plugins/enterprise/sipark-user-delete.jsp?use rname=dcyr|???global.click_delete???] [ Add new Phone Mapping|https://wildfire.priv.nccc.ca:9091/plugins/enterprise/create-sipark-mapping.jsp]

SIP Username: 7342

Authorization Username: 7342

Display Phone Number: 7342

Password: secret

Server: pbx.hostname

Voice Mail number: *97

Enabled: <checked>

Let me know if there’'s some way I can help to try and trace this.

Thanks.

Dan

In the Spark client, you have to select “Action” “Phone Enabled” from the menu. I assume you have done this?

Then when you restart spark, you get a “Registering Spark Phone” at the top of the main window.

The failed test of SIP account settings on the server (“Network Error” or what have you), could be a firewall issue between Wildfire and Asterisk? Wildfire server would need port 5060 open for outbound to Asterisk server.