SIP <-> Jingle

Is there currently any way to convert a SIP call to Jingle and have it call the XMPP client? We are having issues with a few SIP users behind firewalls and if I’m not mistaken the Mediaproxy in Openfire is only for Jingle calls…?

Hello,

I’m not sure about what kind of convergence do you want. We don’t have nothing standard to convert jingle calls to SIP and SIP to Jingle.

Jingle is used for P2P and uses Openfire Media Proxy as a “last resort” to relay the media.

SIP in Spark don’t makes any use of Openfire Media Proxy. It’s truth that you can extend Openfire Media Proxy to tunnel SIP calls trhough it, improoving your NAT Traversal or firewall traversal. But development will be necessary.

Cheers,

Thiago

Hello Thiago,

Thanks for responding. I was hoping to be able to place a call to a user via SIP that they could then answer with their IM client (Spark, Google Talk, etc…)

Any tips on where to look to tunnel the SIP calls through the media server? Where is the code that determines when to use the media proxy?

Thanks!

Have you tried the SIP Phone Plugin from: http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/plugins.jsp ? After setting up, you can answer you sip-phone with Spark. It works like a charm for me.

Yes, I currently use it. The problem is when a user is behind a restrictive firewall the rtp stream never sets up correctly. I was wanting to possibly utilize the mediaproxy or something similar to try to get around nat/firewall issues.

Hello,

Mostly clients are behind some kind of restricted firewalls. Can you try opening UDP ports of your firewalls and check it again?

Cheers,

Thiago