SIP plugin and Cisco Call Managers

Has anyone been able to get the SIP plugin working with Cisco’s Call Managers? Or will the SIP plugin only work for Asterick servers?

I have Openfire 3.4.3 installed with the 1.0.2 version of the SIP plugin. When I do the phone mappings and attempt a test, it gives me a timeout error. The Spark client can’t start the softphone either. Any help troubleshooting this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Well,

SIP Plugin is designed to provide regular SIP account information. Can you tell me how are you setting the account in Openfire?

Which information do you fill in other softphones?

• SIP Plugin WON’T create the SIP accounts in the Call Manager server, it WILL bind existing SIP accounts to existing XMPP users.

Cheers,

Thiago

Thanks for the reply. After doing a little more digging, I found out that the version of Call Manger that we are using (4.2) only supports SCCP. We will have to upgrade to version 5 or 6 before it will support SIP.

Has anyone been able to get this to work with Cisco CallManager? When I fill in all the appropriate info, I am able to start the plugin on the phone. But it just sits there for a minute saying “Starting Phone…” and then eventually goes to “Failed to start phone.”

When I do a test on the Openfire server, I get the error "SIP Account problem: Timeout Attempt timeout, please try again.

I’ve reset and verified my password. Are there any ports I’m missing that might be getting blocked? Probably not since I’ve disabled the firewall on the Openfire server. Maybe on the client??

Using openfire 3.6.0 with Spark 2.5.8 with SIP Plugin version 1.0.3 attempting to connect to Cisco CallManager 6.1.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

same setup here, with 6.1(2), Spark v2.5.8, and 1.0 Jive SIP client…cannot get it to register with UCM, though.

I’m no expert here, but I think it may be a ‘realm’ issue, but no where to put the realm in the client.

Admittedly, I could be WAY off…

Perhaps with the Jabber integration in UCM 8.X or 9.X things will work better? But who wants to wait unti then!?

Any thoughts on there world? I’m pretty technical and would be willing to provide testing and frame captures if a developer wants to work on this with me.

I’m trying without luck to get this working on CCM5.0. One thing I don’t understand: Since the CCM wants a MAC address to identify the device how could this work for many users?

Hi,

i am trying to connect SPARK / OpenFire with our Cisco Callmanager too.

I have a problem. Spark connect to our callmanager but hangs at “Starting Phone”

If i Call my Number at this point, Spark is ringing and i can accept the call. I also can call back if i don’t accept the call - so the calling function is working …

I don’t know why? Are there any logs from spark?

I am useing spark on MacOS Mavericks.

Greetings.