Smack 1.2.1 released!

Hey all,

Smack 1.2.1 has now been released. Besides the normal round of bug fixes and new features, we’‘ve also re-worked the Smack distribution format. There is now a “standard edition” and “developer edition”. The standard edition is just binary and documentation while the developer edition also includes source, build tools, and test cases. We feel this a better model since it provides people that don’‘t care about being able to build Smack themselves with a much smaller download. Of course, we hope you’'ll all download the developer edition and start making some code contributions.

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Nice additions to the roster. I also like the addition to the documentation about the roster. I was having some troubles, I hope those problems aren’'t there anymore.

Regards,

Mark Monster

Message was edited by: mkamonster

Mark,

BTW, does the 1.2.1 release fix the roster issues you were seeing?

Regards,

Matt

The real issue wasn’'t a roster thing. It had something to do with no connection, I got lots of nullpointers. But that was because I had no connection. Now I have solved the problems that occured when a connection failed.

After I instantiated a new XMPPConnection to the server, I didn’‘t check the connection. I didn’'t really get an error when loggin in, but when asking for the roster I really got an error.

Maybe there should be a method isLoggedIn or something.

Regards,

Mark Monster

Mark,

XMPPConnection has isConnected and isAuthenticated methods. Do those do what you’'re looking for?

Regards,

Matt

Matt,

I had found isConnected already but isAuthenticated wasn’'t recognized by me.

Thanks,

Mark