Smack EOL Versions?

I am trying to find out if there are any end-of-life versions for Smack, and if so, when do these versions typically become EOL/unsupported? If this information is publicly stored anywhere please let me know. Thanks.

Given that there is no support or warranty at all — remember that Smack is a community project that produces an open source library — one could argue that there is no such thing as a Smack release becoming unsupported.

That said, I maintain exactly one “stable” branch besides the main development branch (i.e., the ‘master’ branch). This stable branch receives bugfixes but no new features. Again, there is also no guarantee or warranty for this branch. It is done as pure voluntary work.

Within the stable branch, the major and minor version of Smack is stable. Furthermore the API is stable.

With the recent release of Smack 4.4.0, the stable branch switched from ‘4.3’ to ‘4.4’.

If you need fixes for older versions of Smack, or extended support besides that is provided by the community, you may want to consider Smack’s professional services.

This topic was automatically closed 62 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.