Smack Packet Writer

Hi, I am recieving this exception and I really have no idea where to look for the problem, or what may be causing this. If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great. Can someone give me a common reason why this exception would be thrown?

Thanks in advance,

James B

15-Apr-2015 21:00:11.047 WARNING [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.clearReferencesThreads The web application [ROOT] appears to have started a thread named [Smack Packet Writer (14)] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak. Stack trace of thread:

sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)

java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.park(LockSupport.java:175)

java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.await(Abs tractQueuedSynchronizer.java:2039)

org.jivesoftware.smack.util.ArrayBlockingQueueWithShutdown.take(ArrayBlockingQu eueWithShutdown.java:289)

org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketWriter.nextStreamElement(XMP PTCPConnection.java:1286)

org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketWriter.writePackets(XMPPTCPC onnection.java:1303)

org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketWriter.access$2700(XMPPTCPCo nnection.java:1166)

org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketWriter$1.run(XMPPTCPConnecti on.java:1214)

java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Do you call AbstractXMPPConnection.disconnect() for every connection before terminating your program?

No not at the time when I created this discussion. However I have added code to disconnect connection when I am finished. I have not yet had a chance to test this. Do you think this may have been the cause of my problem?