Some bugs founded with IM gateway 1.1.3a and 1.1.2

This week I have to try to fix some issues or bugs with to Openfire Servers. So I have to make a lot of test and I found this, I hope be useful to Jadestorm and all the people involved with IM Gateway:

Working with openfire 3.3.2, Spark 2.5.7 and IM gateway 1.1.3a working only with MSN transport

1. When some user try to add a new contact, the contact to add receibe an invitation to add a contact but when he/she accept both contacs see each other disconected.

2. Whan you accept a adding a new contact, it doesn’t appear on the contact list, this contact shows disconected

3. Spark allow to receibe contact adding message or invitation but, when a spark user send an adding contact message or invitation it don’t arrive to the destiny I don’t know if is something related with the way spark manage accounts and names but it’s pretty dissaster.

Good things with IM gateway 1.1.3a

There was something really unconfortable with IM gateway 1.1.2, when you receive a contact adding message or invitation Spark crash, with this new plugin version it doesn happend.

Suggestions:

Make refresh tiem in Registration web more constants, sometimes show information too old or incorrect info.

I hope it will be useful, and hope Jadestorm can create new bugs entries or something like that

jeffto wrote:

This week I have to try to fix some issues or bugs with to Openfire Servers. So I have to make a lot of test and I found this, I hope be useful to Jadestorm and all the people involved with IM Gateway:

Working with openfire 3.3.2, Spark 2.5.7 and IM gateway 1.1.3a working only with MSN transport

1. When some user try to add a new contact, the contact to add receibe an invitation to add a contact but when he/she accept both contacs see each other disconected.

I can’t seem to duplicate this. Got any debug logs? (ideally from both the im gateway plugin and spark’s perspective)

1. Whan you accept a adding a new contact, it doesn’t appear on the contact list, this contact shows disconected

Is this when someone else adds you and you accept? Did you also choose “add this person to -my- list”?

1. Spark allow to receibe contact adding message or invitation but, when a spark user send an adding contact message or invitation it don’t arrive to the destiny I don’t know if is something related with the way spark manage accounts and names but it’s pretty dissaster.

If the person on the other end already “knows about you” and has you in their allowed list, I don’t think the actual invitation goes all of the way through. (no reason to ask if you are already allowed) Can you confirm or deny whether you think this is possible?

Good things with IM gateway 1.1.3a

There was something really unconfortable with IM gateway 1.1.2, when you receive a contact adding message or invitation Spark crash, with this new plugin version it doesn happend.

Suggestions:

Make refresh tiem in Registration web more constants, sometimes show information too old or incorrect info.

I’m not sure I follow. Would you mind elaborating?

I hope it will be useful, and hope Jadestorm can create new bugs entries or something like that

same problem here! MSN conctacts are added and auth

i have attached the debug from Openfire 3.3.3

Gateway Plugin is version 1.1.3a
debug.txt (3767 Bytes)

1.1.4/1.2.0 should have fixed these problems. (unless I missed some listed here) Are y’all still seeing these issues?

yes with this version is fixed! thanks! is working now