Some help about Group Chat

Hello,

i’m a new user of OpenFire… i’m searching help about Group Chat using and configuring.

Best Regards,

Dominique.

What problems or questions do you have with Group Chat?

I’m searching documentation about Group Chat… How to use and implment it and so…

Best Regards,

Dominique.

You mean you want to develop something? Or just use it? For development questions Openfire Dev forum is more suitable place (and you can move your thread to that forum). As about using, there is not much to document. In Admin console you go to Group Chat tab and name your group chat service and create rooms, manage user rights. On the client side you go to group chat part (depends on the client you are using), add your conference server, or maybe it is discovered automatically, and then create or join rooms.

i meen for use it. My client is pidgin (Windows XP / Linux Ubuntu) or adium (Mac OS X) but i not seem to discover automatically my group chat. But my conference room’s are correctly discovered.

Best Regadrs,

Dominique.

I don’t remember but probably Pidgin is not doing automatic discovery. Though if you do Add Chat, and press Room List, you will get a list of rooms. Don’t like Pidgin.