powered by Jive Software

Some Spark Bugs

Hi,

We’‘ve been using Spark in a Windows/Mac/Linux environment for a few weeks, and thought I would report a couple of bugs that I havn’'t seen mentioned elsewhere:

Windows - If you recieve a Spark message whilst playing a video in Windows Media Player 10, the colours get all messed up and the video starts looping very rapidly. You have to stop and start the playback to fix it.

Mac/Linux - conference invites are never received.

And my all time big bug that I have mentioned before (!

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the bug report(s). I’'ve gone ahead and filed SPARK-297 to fix the conference invites. As for the Media player, I was unable to reproduce this issue. Also, on Mac/Linux, how does the user lose their connection?

Thanks,

Derek

Hi,

there is a known Spark bug SPARK-288 Spark is ignoring error messages in certain cases.

And my all time big bug that I have mentioned before (!!), Wildfire doesn’'t know if Mac/Linux clients disconnect from the network without logging off, so subsequent messages send to those clients are lost.

Maybe you did hit this issue. Wildfire sends a 400 response which Spark ignores. You could enable the XMPP debug window (F12) to verify that this is the case but if one does not get a notification then the message is lost.

LG

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the bug report(s). I’'ve gone ahead and

filed SPARK-297 to fix the conference invites. As

for the Media player, I was unable to reproduce this

issue. Also, on Mac/Linux, how does the user lose

their connection?

Thanks Derek.

There must be more to the Media player issue then, I will see if it’'s possible to reproduce somehow when I have time.

The lost connection issue I mentioned I have posted previously in this thread http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?messageID=121030#121030

I hope that gives enough information,

Cheers,

Ben