powered by Jive Software

Spark 1.1.4 on OSX hangs

Using Spark on OS X 10.4 (java 1.5.0 release 4 - updated last week) Hangs for me. Anyone else seeing this problem? Anything I can do to debug this issue?

We have noticed the same thing. Tiger 10.4.6 - especially on Log In/Out - Spark will hang up, have to force quit then re-open then works. When first booting up from shut down or restart, spark takes a long time to get going, and seems to be using a lot of resources. Slows down the sytem a lot at first. Even after startup, still seems to be using quite a bit of the system.

But hey, for free - not gonna knock it to hard y’'know!

Hey Slush,

Could you please post the error.log file located in the logs dir. This will help me determine the issue

Thanks,

Derek

Apr 25, 2006 1:03:54 PM com.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Logger logError

SEVERE: Error loading vcard information.

(408) Timeout getting VCard information

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.packet.VCard.doLoad(VCard.java:505)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.packet.VCard.load(VCard.java:481)

at com.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.profile.VCardManager.initialize(VCardManager.java:33 7)

at com.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.profile.VCardManager.(UserSearchService.java:35)

at com.jivesoftware.spark.search.SearchManager$1.construct(SearchManager.java:61)

at com.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:121)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

Apr 25, 2006 1:04:24 PM com.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Logger logError

SEVERE: Unable to load MUC Service Names.

No response from the server.:

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.ServiceDiscoveryManager.discoverItems(ServiceDiscoveryM anager.java:411)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.ServiceDiscoveryManager.discoverItems(ServiceDiscoveryM anager.java:380)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat.getServiceNames(MultiUserChat.java:21 1)

at com.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.BookmarkedConferences$10.construct(Bookma rkedConferences.java:298)

at com.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:121)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

/code

We noticed the same thing on ours, but then we changed the client settings from automatic discovery to point to the ip of the wildfire server and the default 5223 ssl port, and we turned on use old style ssl. That removed all the hangups.