Spark 2.0.4 Released

We are pleased to announce the release of Spark 2.0.4. This has some small but important fixes, including SRV lookup and user search fix.

Download: http://www.jivesoftware.org/downloads.jsp#spark

Enjoy,

Derek

I’'m getting a flood of users reporting that Spark is prompting for update just as SparkManager should be doing, but when they click yes, nothing is happening.

This was working beautifully in previous versions, but as of 2.0.2 we’'ve been getting alot of reports of this.

Any ideas Derek?

Hey Jay,

We have not seen this internally. Do you have SparkManager up and running and configured? Also, could you send me one of the error logs with a client that is failing to update please.

Thanks,

Derek

i see that Spark 2.0.4 was rereleased on October 20. I havent installed what i have downloaded before. So what’'s the cause?

Just went through a couple of them. No errors shown in the logs regarding updates at all.

The behavior doesn’‘t result in any error messages, it’'s simply that when prompted to update, when answering “yes” it does nothing. Pretty much the same behavior that the linux client has shown since day one, but now with the windows client.

I know that doesn’‘t help much. Let me know if there’'s anything I can do as far as enabling debugging to provide more info.

Yes, Spark Manager is installed and configured on a wildfire 3.1.0 server and is set up with spark version 2.0.4

Hi people,

My spark 2.0.4 connect but disconnect

Oct 23, 2006 11:21:13 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE: Connection closed on error.

Oct 23, 2006 11:21:23 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE:

No response from the server.:

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.ServiceDiscoveryManager.discoverInfo(ServiceDiscoveryMa nager.java:410)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.ServiceDiscoveryManager.discoverInfo(ServiceDiscoveryMa nager.java:379)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.plugin.gateways.GatewayPlugin.populateTransports(Gat ewayPlugin.java:124)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.plugin.gateways.GatewayPlugin.access$000(GatewayPlug in.java:59)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.plugin.gateways.GatewayPlugin$1.construct(GatewayPlu gin.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:132)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

any ideas??

Just for the record, I’‘ve found out why the auto-updates weren’'t working.

I wasn’‘t aware that the SSL cert had expired and there’'s no error message pop-up to indicate that this was the reason for the failure. I revoked and renewed the server cert and things were back to normal.

Sorry about that, My fault.

Could you add more specific on what exactly you did to revoke and reissue the “server certificate”? Do you mean a certificate that is coming from jivesoftware.com? I’'m now seeing this behavior of offers to install 2_0_5 Spark Client that though answered with a yes does not induce the installation. Basically nothing happens.

Is the “Server Certificate” being provided from the Wildfire Server itself, from Jivesoftware, or someone/somewhere else?

one followup - I downloaded the 2.0.5 .msi installer and was able to manually deploy to a single client

I like .msi’‘s!! great idea and improvement for deployment through GPO’'s

sbsguy wrote:

I like .msi’‘s!! great idea and improvement for deployment through GPO’'s

can you give a link to some manual about msi deployment through GPO?