Spark 2.5.1 file transfer problem

SparkUser1 can send files to SparkUser2. But SparkUser2 can’'t send files to SparkUser1.

I find this in SparkUsers1’'s log files.

Apr 19, 2007 9:02:24 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE: There was an error during file transfer.

Error in execution:

– caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:

– caused by: No response from remote client:

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.IncomingFileTransfer.negotiateStream(Incom ingFileTransfer.java:199)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.IncomingFileTransfer.access$100(IncomingFi leTransfer.java:47)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.IncomingFileTransfer$1.run(IncomingFileTra nsfer.java:124)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Nested Exception:

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.IncomingFileTransfer.negotiateStream(Incom ingFileTransfer.java:193)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.IncomingFileTransfer.access$100(IncomingFi leTransfer.java:47)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.IncomingFileTransfer$1.run(IncomingFileTra nsfer.java:124)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by:

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.FaultTolerantNegotiator.createIncomingStre am(FaultTolerantNegotiator.java:113)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.IncomingFileTransfer$2.call(IncomingFileTr ansfer.java:186)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.IncomingFileTransfer$2.call(IncomingFileTr ansfer.java:185)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.IncomingFileTransfer.negotiateStream(Incom ingFileTransfer.java:190)

… 3 more

Is the wildfire server configured to act as a file transfer proxy?

It is enabled in the “File Transfer Settings” but I don’'t see anything the error or debug log where the transfer is initiated or errors out.

All I can think of is a firewall or NAT issue, but I thought the wildfire server actings as a proxy was supposed to get around those problems.

Hi papawu,

I have seen this error and now I can’'t reproduce it.

Could you tell me:

1. Operating System of SparkUser1 and SparkUser2

2. Are SparkUser1 and SparkUser2 in the same network?

3. What JDK are using SparkUser1 and SparkUser2?

Thanks,

Francisco

Francisco,

1. Windows XP sp2

2. Both are on the same network

3. Both are using the same JDK that came with the spark install.

I have made sure both computer’'s firewalls are turned off.

More Info:

It seems that it is only my laptop that is having this problem. Now I have installed and uninstalled 2.0.8, 2.5.0, and 2.5.1. I also installed Java JDK 6(1.6) on my system just to see if there was any difference when using 2.5.1 online. Since then I uninstalled 2.5.1 and removed the spark directory and installed 2.5.1 that came with it’'s own JRE. I still have JDK 6 that I installed separately on my laptop, could that be the problem? How do i know that spark 2.5.1 is using its own JRE?

The version without the bundled JRE lets you choose which one to use. I assume the one that has it bundled is preconfigured to use the one that comes with it. I have 5 versions of java installed (because I do java development), so I don’'t think it hurts anything.

Hi papawu,

Could you post file transfer error of the SparkUser2?

Thanks,

Francisco

Ok i found the problem. I have 3 network adapters on my pc. 1 built in NIC, 1 Wireless, 1 USB NIC.

After looking at the packet info being sent, I noticed this

<iq id=“LYfc0-64” to="testuser@im.domain.com/spark" from="papawu@im.domain.com/spark" type=“set”>

<query xmlns=“http://jabber.org/protocol/bytestreams” sid=“jsi_9021249693729212690” mode=“tcp”>

&lt;streamhost jid="papawu@im.domain.com/spark" host="169.254.1.98" port="7777"/&gt;

<streamhost jid=“proxy.im.domain.com” host=“127.0.0.1” port=“7777”/>

</query>

</iq>

After looking at my network connections my USB NIC was showing connected even though it really wasn’'t. Now it seems spark pulled the wrong NIC. So now there is 2 questions at hand.

1. How come spark doesn’'t use the host addresses of all connected NICs? If it does, then it should of displayed my built in NIC that was plugged into my network.

2. Shouldn’'t the host address for proxy.im.domain.com be the same IP as my openfire server? W