Spark 2.5.2 Beta 1 Released

Spark 2.5.2 Beta 1 is now available for download. A good number of improvements and bug fixes are in this release. Enjoy!

This release is the first one made in our new release train process. The development of the new version is done and it is now time to ensure the product quality!

We ask for volunteers to test the beta release with us. A great place to start is to take a look at the change log and test out each of the areas

Change log can be found here.

Thank You,

Spark Team

Thanks Derek!! Even though it is not listed in the changelog, I am hoping that the update bug we talked about has also been addressed in this version?? Though I probably cannot even test it until I attempt to go from this version to 2.5.2 when it is released to see how it goes!!

I know I’'m flogging a dead horse here, but are there any plans for SSO in the near future? Should we expect in a minor (2.x.x) release or a major one (2.x) or is it a lot further off than that?

bugmenot user wrote:

are there any plans for SSO in the near future?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Maybe looking here might provide some info, as this has been discussed already: http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/search!default.jspa

Scott

Hi,

we might expect the unexpected and find SSO in a random release which was released in the future which some of us do not already know.

LG

Stealth111 wrote:

Maybe looking here might provide some info, as this has been discussed already

It may have been discussed (and I’‘d already searched first), but nothing has come out of the discussions other than "sorry we didn’'t make it in 2.5.0". I would like to know when the developers are planning on implementing SSO, whether it be next release, next month, or next year.

Having +something+ means I have knowledge I can use to plan our updates here. Silence just gives me cause to think they don’‘t have it working, don’‘t know how to get it working, and don’‘t know when they’'ll get it working.