Spark 2.5.4: Task Icon is missing on Windows 2000

Hi,

my Spark 2.5.4. is not showing in the task in the right task list of the taskbar after using the symbol of the window. The process is still running and chat is possible. However, I can not activate the main window.

Any ideas how to solve it or track down the issue?

Best regards,

Walter

Hi Walter,

is it removed when you press the symbol? It should display as soon as Spark is loaded.

There are some Windows 2000XP problems displaying icons in the TNA if more than one application tries to register an icon there as it happens during login with auto-start applications. I don’'t run Spark within auto-start but the (minimizedshow in Taskbar) Windows Task Manager - sometimes the icon does not display in TNA.

LG

Havent noticed any problems with tray icon when using button on Windows 2000 SP4. Java 6 Update 1.

I had the same problem on Windows XP, but I found out that the jniwrapper plugin wasn’‘t installed correctly. (I had created my own custom .MSI package for deployment in our organization, and I didn’‘t package up all the plugin files correctly). The error log showed that the plugins couldn’'t load. Once that was corrected, the icon started showing up again.

Downgrading to 2.5.3. helped. A Bug is open about it http://www.igniterealtime.org/issues/browse/SPARK-782 SPARK-782

The bug says that it is priv issue, but I am seeing the problem on Windows2000 even from Administrator account with 2.5.5 and 2.5.6.