The ignite realtime community would like to announce the final release of Spark 2.6.0.
After more than 3 years, we have moved the product quite a bit and it has to be noted that the contributions came from all over the world to make this release possible. Numerous issues and feature requests were adressed duringt the development phase:
- Removal of commercial libraries
- Move to Apache 2.0 license
- Introduction of different skins
- Small enhancements of the interface
- Support of a privacy/invisible mode
- Enhancements of the conference room features
- Ability to set default data in ini files for corporate customizing (requires repacking)
- New Smack (version 3.2) library
- Reworked reconnection mechanisms
- Nummerous technical enhancements
More details can be found in the attached changelog.html
The download links for the release 2.6.0 are on the Downloads page.
The next release 2.6.1 will follow within the next 8 weeks and include some more graphical and functional enhancements. We would appreciate contributions to the source code.
- Missing Phone button. Resolution: This is caused by a missing STUN server to help the start of the phone connection. If you want to use this feauture you can activate it in Openfire and add the property “stunFallbackHost” to the file spark.properties. You can add your Openfire server or some external stun server like “stun.xten.net” which used to be a hard coded default in Spark.
- File transfer does not work. Resolution: Use a nightly or wait until 2.6.1 is released.
- Mac Version: Look and Feel is not native. Resolution: Use the Preference Menue to Switch Appreance to “Max OS X”. This resolved this issue. There will be a hot fix release for Maac to adress this issue.
- Mac Version: Sound does not work. Resolution: Make sure that Spark is executed in 32 bit mode.