Spark 2.7.7 - Conversation Box

Hi,

I have a user with a laptop (HP9470M - Win7pro) running Spark 2.7.7 and it was working fine until yesterday. Now when she clicks on a user in the list, instead of a conversation box popping up, spark opens a button on the taskbar. Clicking on that does not open the conversation box. If someone Sparks her, the notification appears in the system tray and clicking on the notification merely creates a button on the taskbar - no conversation opens up.

This happened originally with 2.6.3 - did an update to 2.7.7 - and no change. Rebooted a couple of times, updated Java although it was nearly current - still no change in behavior - the user can’t have a conversation.

Any thoughts or guidance on where I might look for resolution?

Thanks,

JimA

This can be a corruption which appeared with 2.6.3, that’s why 2.7.7 is not changing anything. If you don’t want to save the conversation history or settings, then the easiest way would be to wipe the Spark profile for that user and start with a fresh one:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Spark

Also, make sure there is no Spark folder in C:\Users\User\ either.

If you want to save the history, then copy out the C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Spark\user\username@servername\transcripts folder, but the corruption might be in one of the history files, which can be hard to find.

1 Like

Thanks, that did the trick. I uninstalled - manually deleted the SPARK folder under Roaming - then reinstalled a fresh 2.7.7.

JimA