Spark 2.8.0 can't login to AD (not SASL related)

As for changing the client setup procedures. This is for the best, as 2.7.7 might stop working with Openfire 4.1+ anyway (same changes like in Smack 4).

1 Like

Yes because the FQDN is openfire.domain.com (for our “domain.com” that we use). I hope this works externally, too. I don’t have a way to test at the moment, though. I might still need to do what speedy suggested. But I don’t know of anything that I have save in the database, because we are using AD, and just very recently switched over to using AD so very little would be lost, I think?

Part of what is confusing me is this: what is the Server field for in the login dialog? It only works with “openfire” not “openfire.domain.com” or IP address. Is this what is validated against the certificates? And the server and port under Advanced are only for the actual connection, right?

This worked beautifully. Thanks! I am able to connect both at work and at home. Just need to remember that the server name is now very strict. But I think this completely resolves my problem. I will test this next week with all of our users.

Great. One issue done Just mark this thread as Answered once you think you are good.

Speaking of changing our procedures, I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered. We had an internal discussion on security and we do not want to bypass any security settings (such as this one) without a compelling reason. And because it seems to work fine now for me and one other person I tried with it, I think we will be okay. We have not yet tried any of the conferencing features of the plugins. I only have the default Search plugin installed for now, and we will have to figure out what other plugins we may use at a future time. So thanks to wroot and speedy and everyone else for all the help!

Oh, I don’t think I can mark this as answered because I am not the originator of this thread. Speedy, please mark my question answered. Thanks!