Spark 2.9.0 after reconnecting, some users change their status to red

I tested the latest build.
My first message also appeared at the top of the dialog, once. But no matter how hard I tried to cause an error again, I could not …
log from spark:

окт 12, 2020 10:23:50 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log warning
WARNING: A chat entry appears to have been delivered out of order. The transcript window must be reordered!

Statuses refreshed, offline messages came, nice!
I noticed that when the connection is lost, the dialogs are blocked and I can’t write, that’s great! But if I start another dialogue with the user, then I can write to him.

Well, if you reopen a window seeing that contact is offline and still try to type and send something, i guess this is on user then :slight_smile: I didn’t even notice that input area is inactive during a reconnect. So, this is a bonus.

So, aside of a few minor or hard to reproduce issues it seems that this one is fixed finally (the original report about red contacts and duplication).

:ship: it? :slight_smile:

Although I found one problem, my users are automatically connected to the list.
And I connected the testuser user through the search, and therefore he is in the “Friends” group, and his status is not updated.
I tested with different users and only with testuser and dostoevsky I have a status issue.

upd:
If I connect and testuser/dostoevsky is online, he will always be online!
If I connect and testuser/dostoevsky is offline (as in the screenshot), then he will always be offline.

This issue appears when the total number of messages in the history is less than 20 (the number of history messages displayed when opening a dialog).

So it’s not rare. It should be considered major.

And yes, the discussion is getting off topic. I think it is worth creating a new one to discuss problems not associated with red and duplicate contacts.

1 Like

Yeah. Watch https://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-2176 for updates on that last issue. I have marked it Major again. Ilya, feel free to mark one of the last replies as Solution and we can move on from this super long thread :wink: