Spark AD integration

Hi,

We use Spark and Openfire and everything was going well. All users thought it was working well and buy-in was good. However when users change there password each month due the domain policy they don’t change it in spark, and now less people are logging on automatically. As such it is becoming a less useful tool.

Is there anyway to configure Spark to use the users password without prompting?

Also I want to add it to our System Center Essentials 2007 server so it can be deployed. How can I deploy it fully configured?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Craig

You could resolve this by configuring your machines to use SSO authentication for your chat client. This can be a very difficult procedure. I will attach the steps I used to make it work on our system. As for System Center, I am not very familiar with the product but since it can use exe or msi, you could build your own custom installers with all the components for the client and SSO included. The difficulty is the settings folder for individual settings for that I used a group policy logon script that created the folder and distributed the preferences to the folder in advance.
SSO-method.doc (31232 Bytes)

Hi mtstravel,

Thanks for the reply I am going to have a look over this and give it a try.

Thanks for the help.