Spark and "Pass-through" authentication

Hi,

Are there any plans to introduce pass-through authentication in Spark? We have the AD/LDAP integration configured in Wildfire and the users have the “Auto-login” box ticked on Spark - which is great until our AD policy makes them change their Windows password (which happens every 42 days); at that point the auto-login fails. As Spark is started when Windows starts, the user doesn’'t (generally) notice, so you tend to have to call or email them first before you can chat to them which is a bit of a pain!

If Spark could use the cached credentials of the currently logged on user, that would be great; I appreciate that there are other things on the list - I’'m really looking forward to having a look at the IM gateway in the next week or so!!!

Excellent product - keep up the good work guys!

Cheers, Mark.

Mark Crouch wrote:
I appreciate that there are other things on the list - I’'m really looking forward to having a look at the IM gateway in the next week or so!!!

The IM gateway plugin beta is already here Mark

Wow! Just noticed that link on the front page - right, I’‘m off to get that installed on my test server…will post bug reports (and feature requests ) once I’'ve had a chance to play with it.

Cheers, Mark.