Spark Asterisk Integration

Hi

I have a Wildfire Server 3.01 linked to an Asterisk Server. The asterisk-im plugin is installed and the phone mappings are completed.

Where in the Spark Client can I make a call to another user? The documentation says that it can be done. I have installed whatever plugins I could find for the Spark client beta 2. I must be a complete idiot as I cannot see it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dale

Hi,

may get more help in the Asterisk forum. You should be able to see On-The-Phone as soon as you did the phone mapping. The Asterisk support is included in Spark and will become active when needed. But it seems that this does not work always as expected.

LG

Hi

thanks for the reply…is there anyway I can make a telephone call from spark?

look forward to hearing your thoughts

thanks

dale

I´m currently version you couldn´t call directly from Spark to a Spark.

I think that soon we´ll could do that.

I´m currently version Spark-Asterisk, just make calls and receive, just signalizing Asterisk server, between two asterisk numbers.

Hope Helped.

I´m currently version you couldn´t call directly from Spark to a Spark.

I think that soon we´ll could do that.

I´m currently version Spark-Asterisk, just make calls and receive, just signalizing Asterisk server, between two asterisk numbers.

Hope Helped.

Thanks for the info guys, hope you’'ll can get it going soon

dkblauton wrote:

Where in the Spark Client can I make a call to another user?

As i look here http://www.jivesoftware.org/asterisk-im/ i see that presence “On the phone” should only appear when someone is actually talking on the phone. To make Spark to dial some number maybe you should check in that contact’'s context menu in roster? Or just try to call to some mapped number and check if you get a popup.

You open Spark, right click on a user and go down the the option at the very bottom which says “call”.

we are running an asterisk/wildfire/spark 1.1.4