Spark client issue 2.6.3

Hi all

I have this weird issue that I cannot resolve. This is only happening on one machine… When the user goes to login no contacts open and he is disconnected every 10 seconds. If I login as a different user to the same chat server the same thing happens. On that same machine if I log into a different spark server it works fine.

Here are my log files:

May 12, 2015 10:15:06 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE:

Invalid connection.:

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.bookmark.BookmarkManager.(BookmarkManager.java:77 )

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.bookmark.BookmarkManager.getBookmarkManager(BookmarkMan ager.java:58)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.BookmarksUI.loadUI(BookmarksUI.java:188)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceServices$3.finished(ConferenceS ervices.java:163)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2$1.run(SwingWorker.java:148)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

First i would suggest trying out 2.7.0 version. You can also try wiping out Spark profile in the appdata/roaming (windows) or home/user (linux).

I did install 2.7 and have wiped the install from directory and reg.

When 2.7 is running it doesn’t disconnect, but ir does not connect to the server and bring up all his contacts.

have wiped the install from directory

So, did you wipe out C:\users\user\appdata\roaming\Spark ?

Are you able to login to another server and get contacts with Spark 2.7.0?

wroot wrote:

have wiped the install from directory

So, did you wipe out C:\users\user\appdata\roaming\Spark ?

Are you able to login to another server and get contacts with Spark 2.7.0?

Yes, I deleted that directory when uninstalling the program. I have done it a few times.

Yes, with 2.7 loaded I am able to connected to a different server. I am running 2.6.3 because that is loaded on all the machines at that location.

Then something is wrong with the first server. Or maybe this PC is blocking the connection somehow (firewall, antivirus, etc.).

Nothing is wrong with the server that I see, it still has 15 other users that can connect to it.

There should be nothing preventing the connection since I can connect to a different server on the same PC.

It is just not communicating to the server, it was for months but recently stopped and started to have this issue. So at one time it was working fine.

it’s a logical conclusion based on the information.

Spark is able to communicate and works normally when connecting to server2, but can’t work normally with server1. So something on server1 is affecting it or the connection between this PC and server1 is not in a normal condition. The fact that you can connect to server2, doesn’t mean that there is nothing interfering with the connection to server1. Unless both server1 and server2 are on the same machine/same network/IP address. Btw, do these servers use same server software (Openfire?) and versions? Same database, same OS on the hosts?

“it is just not communicating to the server”

Spark can’t just decide on its own to stop communicating Something must have been changed either on this PC or on the server1 or in the network.