Spark-Clients going offline/online every minute

Hello,

I have a problem with Spark 2.6.3 and Openfire 3.7.1.

The Spark-Clients who are connected to Openfire are allways going offline and after a reconnect they are comming online again. And this maybe every 2 minutes.

The debug-log of Openfire showes the following Exception when the client is going offline:

2012.11.27 14:23:56 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ClientConnectionHandler - [/192.168.3.116:1437] Unexpected exception from SSLEngine.closeInbound().

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Inbound closed before receiving peer’s close_notify: possible truncation attack?

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:190)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.fatal(SSLEngineImpl.java:1429)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.fatal(SSLEngineImpl.java:1397)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.closeInbound(SSLEngineImpl.java:1336 )

at org.apache.mina.filter.support.SSLHandler.destroy(SSLHandler.java:167)

at org.apache.mina.filter.SSLFilter.sessionClosed(SSLFilter.java:367)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextSessionClosed(Abst ractIoFilterChain.java:269)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$800(AbstractIoFilte rChain.java:53)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.sessionClosed( AbstractIoFilterChain.java:633)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$HeadFilter.sessionClosed(A bstractIoFilterChain.java:484)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextSessionClosed(Abst ractIoFilterChain.java:269)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.fireSessionClosed(Abstract IoFilterChain.java:264)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.IoServiceListenerSupport.fireSessionDestroyed(Io ServiceListenerSupport.java:224)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.doRemove(SocketIoProcess or.java:188)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.access$600(SocketIoProce ssor.java:45)

at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor$Worker.run(SocketIoProce ssor.java:489)

at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 886)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Is this the a possible reason why the Spark is going offline and what can i do against it? I don’t know anymore what i can try to keep the client permanent online. Could it be that it is an issue of the network connection?

I really appreciate any help.

Best regards

It says about SSL in the exception. Are you using SSL encryption for connections between SPark and Openfire? You can try disabling encryption in the Admin Console in Server Settings > Security Settings (making it Optional or Not available)

I am facing same problem, and its a requirment. I have 2-way SSL Authentication. i.e both server and client have certs.

From this link: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-272

[DIRMINA-272] Unexpected exception from SSLEngine.closeInbound() - ASF JIRA

they saying, its not a big issue, we can ignore it.