Spark - Conference Room crashes users

Good day,

we use spark exclusively here at work, we also use its conferencing feature when we are working a problem where multiple groups are involved. We have a conference room “Maintenance Window” that when some users (myself included) try and enter, spark loses connection and gives us this error in our chat window: “Your connection was closed due to an error. You will need to re-join this room after reconnecting.”

It reconnects me just fine, but every time I try and enter that room I get the same result.

Others are able to enter and stay connected, but many users are complaining about not getting in. All other conference rooms are working just fine.

Any suggestions?

Minor details:

Openfire 3.5.2

Spark 2.5.8

MySQL DB

Thank you.

Maurice

First you can try the latest SVN version of Spark http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1822. Also you can upgrade Openfire to the latest version.

Eventually we will be upgrading the tool, we are unfortunately in a 4th quarter freeze at the moment, and wont be able to visit it until Q1.

With that said, is there a way to log into Spark as an administrator and delete the conference room and re-create it? What if none of us here have the admin credentials any longer (the person who built it is long gone and left no documentation).

I’ve been searching through openfire/ for any flat files with credentials and not having much luck, if they exist, can someone let me know.

thank you.

Maurice

Administrator’s password is saved in the database. You can add other users as administrators. Stop Openfire, edit /openfire/conf/openfire.xml

Uncomment and add your usernames here. Save it and start Openfire.

I didn’t quite understand your question about deleting conference room in Spark.

I queried the database and got username “admin” and its clear text password. With those credentials I still can not log into the “Openfire Admin Console”.

I have added myself to the field. I am unable to bounce openfire at this time to pick up these changes.

The reason I want to delete the conference room “Maintenance Window” is because its causing users to crash (Spark logs them out, and back in, never letting them into the room). Users are able to enter all other conference rooms, except this one. This was part of the original post.

I was thinking there is probably a huge amount of archived history for this room, its a weekly sunday meeting and has been logging for 18 months. My thoughts are this is why people are not able to access it any longer. I want to purge this historical data, but as far as I know can not without logging into the admin console.

Any idea’s of how I can access the Openfire Admin Console, or hack the password? Is there a log file somewhere I can look at to see why the credentials in the database for user “admin” are failing?

Thank you for your time.

Maurice

MauriceM wrote:

Any idea’s of how I can access the Openfire Admin Console, or hack the password? Is there a log file somewhere I can look at to see why the credentials in the database for user “admin” are failing?

Thank you for your time.

Maurice

You can also rerun a setup and then enter a password you want. To do this you will have to stop Openfire, then edit openfire.xml and change true to false. Then launch Openfire and start Admin Console. Then you will have to select same options as it was setup first time, so it could be hard to determine, as it wasnt you, who had setup this server. Though, i think you will be fine. It won’t harm any user data in your database.