Spark creating huge errors.log file

Hi

Running Spark 2.7.1 in a Windows 2008 R2 Citrix environment. Sometimes (seems random as the users claim they have not done unusual with Spark) spark.exe will start using 100% of its available CPU and create a huge errors.log file in %AppData%\Roaming\Spark\logs. Spark keeps generating the log file until the disk is full and will keep going until the .exe is manually terminated.

This appears to be a bug but I doubt I’ve provided enough information for anyone to be able to trace its origin. I have to delete the errors.log file to free up disk space so I do not have a sample to attach (although I could keep some next time it happens).

Any assistance appreciated.

David

Hey David,

I experienced the same thing with some of my 2.7.1. clients. I never really found a reason for why it occurred and it only occurred in some of the clients. However, after upgrading them to 2.7.2 and 2.7.3 I have not had that issue any more.

Jarred, are you using it in a virtual environment like David though? Other than move from Java 7 to Java 8 in 2.7.2 version i can’t think of anything which could solve such an issue.

Logs would be helpful of course, but i doubt they would show much. Especially when we don’t have experienced java developers here.

Not with the clients that were experiencing that issue. They were Windows 7 Professional clients. I do not recall the version of Java that was being run at the time I apologize.

If you are using full installer, then Spark has its own Java built-in. 2.7.1 had latest version of Java 7. Starting with 2.7.2 it is bundled with latest versions of Java 8.

Java being used by Spark can be checked in the About window.

Thank you I didnt realize I could Java that way as well