Spark Custom Brand / Windows\rescache error

I made my own brand of spark by replacing pictures in the spark.jar folder and also editing the file \AppData\Roaming\Spark\spark.properties

I used AppDeploy to repackage the file and create a MSI. When installing the MSI on users machines I can run the .MSI but I recieve a error saying I do not have access to the windows\rescache folder. I can take ownership of that folder and the install completes with no problems.

The reason I edited the spark.proporties file is I need to have the username cleared, a custom theme applied, and a few other options. Is there a better way to do this so I do not get this error? I plan to either just push out the MSI package or email the link out to all employees so all they have to do is enter their username and password (and click auto login). I have about 15 users testing this so far and it works great, but I just need to get over this install issue.

Also when I unstall the spark client I get the error "Another application has exclusive access to the file ‘C:\windows\softwaredistribution\datastore\logs\edb.log’. I then have to cancel the install. I am lost and not sure what I have done wrong…

Any idea would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I found a few posts and I think I may need to go this route…

http://elderec.org/2012/09/scripting-push-openfire-spark-client-spark-properties -file-to-multiple-machines/

Will this fix the issue? Anything else I need to be aware of?