I am hoping re-open the can of worms that is this issue since a solution has never been clearly documented here.
Spark is randomly disconnecting for my staff after 6 months of it working perfectly.
Here’s a little background:
- Latest version of Openfire installed on Windows Server 2003 virtual server.
- 200 clients using latest version of Spark on 200 XP/Win7 machines.
- Users authenticate via Active Directory using LDAP setup.
- Everything worked perfectly up until a few weeks ago when all users experience connectivity issues. Spark randomly disconnects “due to an error.”
- Openfire lists errors in the log but I have no idea how to read them.
- I have reinstalled Openfire with no resolution.
- I have used other clients such as Spark beta and Pidgin with no resolution.
- I have noticed that when spark disconnects the Openfire admin panel also does not work.
- I have nothing else running on the windows server.
- Continual server monitoring has shown me nothing
- been happening for a couple weeks now
Attached are the current openfire log files. If anyone is willing to look through them and tell me what they think. I would greatly appreciate it.
error.log.zip (10867 Bytes)
warn.log.zip (3570 Bytes)
info.log.zip (2196 Bytes)