Spark for Mac - Installation Issue

Hi. I just moved from Windows to Mac and I’m trying to install Spark. I downloaded the Spark 2_6_3.dmg from the website, however, when I tried to run it, i got some errors:

BTW, I’m using a MacBook Pro Mid 2012 running on OSX Yosemite 10.10.1.

Screen Shot 2014-11-26 at 9.48.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-11-26 at 9.48.36 AM.png

I might be wrong, but i think i have seen such report before and it was related to OSX gatekeeper (the thing blocking insecure apps). Try disabling that security option temporarily and then try installing Spark.

1 Like

Thank you. This worked perfectly.

Now, the problem is, you cannot open “Preferences” and cannot open Notifications… am i right guys?

Exactly right.

I don’t see the Mac installer on the downloads page any longer… Has it been abandoned? I have a copy from before a recent rebuild so I’m trying to get that working, which I was able to do by altering the gatekeeper setting, but as the poster above noted, can’t access prefs.

It is abandoned, at least for now. There are no Mac developers here to fix the issues you mentioned and many others. Also the build system (Bamboo) fails to produce Mac installer for Spark and the only volunteer maintaining the system can’t figure out why.

Thanks for the reply.