Spark IM 2.5.0 Beta 3 and Vista''s Aero

Hi All,

I have been testing SPARK, both 2.4 and the new 2.5.0 Beta 3. When Spark starts, Windows Vista Enterprise automatically disables Aero and places Windows into Windows Vista Basic graphics.

This is the only app to cause this problem. Once Spark is exited, the PC returns to Aero Glass.

Has anyone seen this? Is there a fix?

Thank you,

Ken

Hi All,

Has anyone seen this at all? I found one other post about this that didn’'t get replies either. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Ken

I read some posts that there were issues with Aero also, so I was using Pandion when I first upgraded. Later I saw that work had been done in 2.5.0 beta 2 to address presentation issues in Vista (SPARK-516). Both 2.5.0 Beta 2 and Beta 3 are working with Aero (Vista Ultimate) on my rig, although the new skin is not active. Perhaps there are some left overs from earlier versions that are still causing Vista to drop out of full Aero?

Message was edited by: planktr

I believe that you need to be running Java 6 in order for transparency within Aero to be supported.

Aero works fine when I don’'t have to consider the 64-bit problem I reported.

Hi All,

I verified I am running Java 6 on the Vista Enterprise box. To verify I didn’'t have anything wrong with previous versions installs to my workstation, we built a new Vista Enterprise box with Java 6. This workstation has the same problem. Should we download the non-JDK install version and test that?

Thanks,

Ken

I removed the full install and installed the 2.5.0 Beta Online install after deleting the program files and user directories for Spark. This fixed the issue with Aero, however, when we tried to send IMs the text actually didn’'t populate the IM Window. I think I will wait until the app is more mature.

Thank you,

Ken

Your problem with message text not appearing sounds a lot like an issue I had earlier.

That is EXACTLY the error that occurs. However, I am not using a proxy, and I wasn’'t sending emoticons. The other thing that is odd. If that happens, and you close the IM window, you cannot launch another IM window to chat with any users.