Spark infinite auto login after problem on server?

Some time I using openfire/spark for my company and all working very fine and stable but I have only one problem, if for some reason I have some problem on server, some connection problem, high load etc. spark disconnect and automatic try to connect again but if problem on server continue for 10-20 min spark will all time display message LOGIN TO SERVER or something like that and when server start to work normal that message in spark will stay and only solution is to log out and again log in and spark will continue to work normal…

How to fix this problem, why spark don`t auto login when server start to work normal?

Thanks.

Which version of Spark?

i would see this from time to time with spark as well, but I think its been corrected with 2.8

2.7.6.790 and many versions before this version and also today same problem with version 2.8.0.885, openfire version 4.0.3…I have this problem for over half year, auto re-login get stack at login process if exist some problem on server for some short period or if exist some problem with connection (packet loss)…I hope that you can fix this problem…

Is anything logged in the logs at the moment when it is getting stuck? C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Spark\logs

This is what I have in log for that day:

sep 25, 2016 9:21:31 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE:

org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NotConnectedException: Client is not, or no longer, connected.

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketWriter.throwNotConnectedExce ptionIfDoneAndResumptionNotPossible(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1252)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.throwNotConnectedExceptionIfApprop riate(XMPPTCPConnection.java:345)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.sendStanza(AbstractXMPPConnection .java:617)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.createPacketCollectorAndSend(Abst ractXMPPConnection.java:711)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.createPacketCollectorAndSend(Abst ractXMPPConnection.java:700)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.iqprivate.PrivateDataManager.getPrivateData(PrivateData Manager.java:162)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.plugin.scratchpad.Tasks.getTaskList(Tasks.java:208)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.plugin.scratchpad.TaskNotification$2.lambda$run$0(Ta skNotification.java:69)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(U nknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

sep 25, 2016 11:21:31 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE:

org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NotConnectedException: Client is not, or no longer, connected.

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketWriter.throwNotConnectedExce ptionIfDoneAndResumptionNotPossible(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1252)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.throwNotConnectedExceptionIfApprop riate(XMPPTCPConnection.java:345)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.sendStanza(AbstractXMPPConnection .java:617)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.createPacketCollectorAndSend(Abst ractXMPPConnection.java:711)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.createPacketCollectorAndSend(Abst ractXMPPConnection.java:700)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.iqprivate.PrivateDataManager.getPrivateData(PrivateData Manager.java:162)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.plugin.scratchpad.Tasks.getTaskList(Tasks.java:208)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.plugin.scratchpad.TaskNotification$2.lambda$run$0(Ta skNotification.java:69)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(U nknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Also, now I see that spark 2.8.0.885 simple don`t want to re-connect in case when for some reason I lost internet connection on my PC and in few seconds get it back again…this is bigger problem than with version 2.7…

Is this a new installation of 2.8.0 or you have upgraded it from 2.7.x? You can try starting with a fresh profile (deleting old one). It helped with reconnection problems after Sleep with one of my users.

Profile path:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Spark

If you need your history, copy this folder:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Spark\user\username@servername\transcripts

And copy it back after you start with a fresh profile.

Upgrade from 2.7 to 2.8, now I`l try this and we will see…

Thanks.

Again same problem, only what I see new is count down for re-connecting but when it come to 0 I see error “Your connection was closed due to an error” and again it count down from 300…but when I log out and log in all start to working fine…

Well, i can’t replicate this issue, so maybe this is something very specific about your setup or server.

What i was able to reproduce is that after a long reconnection process Spark switches to Offline instead of Online presence. But it still reconnects for me (i have simulated network problem unplugging network for my virtual machine). Filed as https://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-1814