Spark Install Problems - Vista

We recently pushed Spark out to ~150 clients, we disabled the UAC and created a vbscript to change the folder permissions on C:\Program Files\Spark to allow Domain Users Full Control. This worked great, but I have a few users where this is not working.

What I’ve found on both computer currently having problems, is that their profile is getting created in “C:\Users\localadmin” instead of “C:\Users<User Name>”. I’m not sure where it’s getting the settings to use this other folder, maybe the account being used to pusht he MSI? I gave this user Local Admin rights and they can use Spark.exe, using the profile in the localadmin folder (this is not their profile’s directory). Any reason why this might be happening?

The only thing differrent about these two that I know of right off the bat, is that they use folder redirection on they documents folder for their network home driver.

My questions to you…

1. Has anybody else had similar problems with the user profile getting created in the wrong place? Multiple reinstalls (push via GPO or direct install) result in the same scenario?

2. Is there a way to tell Spark where the profile directory is (a config file)?

3. Is there plans to release a 100% vista compatible version of Spark?

I looked at some other clients and Spark really is the best suited for what we need. The only user complaint so far, has been the inability to block IM messages when you set your status to “Do Not Disturb”.

Thanks… Overall, great product!!!

Zach

java.io.IOException: Couldn’t get lock for C:\Users\localadmin\Spark\logs\errors.log <-- This should be the users profile, not the admin profile? How did it get pointed wrong? When I uninstall/reinstall as the user with admin access, it still points to this wrong location. How can I force this to the users profile directior (eg: C:\User\MyUserProfile) ???
at java.util.logging.FileHandler.openFiles(Unknown Source)
at java.util.logging.FileHandler.(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log.(Log.java:49)
at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.settings.local.SettingsManager.saveSettings(Settings Manager.java:76)
at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.settings.local.SettingsManager.getLocalPreferences(S ettingsManager.java:54)
at org.jivesoftware.Spark.loadLanguage(Spark.java:373)
at org.jivesoftware.Spark.startup(Spark.java:105)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.launcher.Startup.start(Startup.java:86)
at org.jivesoftware.launcher.Startup.main(Startup.java:35)
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.launcher.Startup.start(Startup.java:86)
at org.jivesoftware.launcher.Startup.main(Startup.java:35)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log.error(Log.java:74)
at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.settings.local.SettingsManager.saveSettings(Settings Manager.java:76)
at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.settings.local.SettingsManager.getLocalPreferences(S ettingsManager.java:54)
at org.jivesoftware.Spark.loadLanguage(Spark.java:373)
at org.jivesoftware.Spark.startup(Spark.java:105)
… 6 more