Spark is unable to login

Hello!

Only one PC in the network is all of the sudden no longer able to login with Spark. It goes past the login in screen and then it sits there with the message “connecting pls wait”.

It did not change by uninstalling spark, rebooting and reininstalling.

It did not change by updating to the very latest official version.

I ASSUME this happend inline with my update to the latest JAVA version, which SUNs autoupdate suggest about a week ago. Could it be that this latest version has some 06 at the end of the version string?

Exodus btw works without any problem, which is pointing me to JAVA even more. So far I have not found any other JAVA related problems.

What to do? Where to look?

thanks in advance

Starry

Hi Starry99,

Could you post the log files located in the spark_install/logs directory? I can investigate further.

-Derek

Hello!

xception in thread “Thread-4” com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException: : only whitespace content allowed before start tag and not \u0 (position: START_DOCUMENT seen \u0… @1:1)

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.XppReader.pullNextEvent(XppReader.java:58)

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.readRealEvent(AbstractPullRe ader.java:118)

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.readEvent(AbstractPullReader .java:111)

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.move(AbstractPullReader.java :90)

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.moveDown(AbstractPullReader. java:75)

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.XppReader.(XppReader.java:28)

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.XppDriver.createReader(XppDriver.java:24)

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:475)

at com.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.plugin.layout.LayoutSettingsManager.getLayoutSetting s(LayoutSettingsManager.java:69)

at com.jivesoftware.LoginDialog.startSpark(LoginDialog.java:692)

at com.jivesoftware.LoginDialog.access$700(LoginDialog.java:74)

at com.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$3.construct(LoginDialog.java:497)

at com.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:121)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: org.xmlpull.v1.XmlPullParserException: only whitespace content allowed before start tag and not \u0 (position: START_DOCUMENT seen \u0… @1:1)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.parseProlog(MXParser.java:1518)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:1394)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.next(MXParser.java:1092)

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.XppReader.pullNextEvent(XppReader.java:43)

… 13 more

Hope this makes sense to you!

bye

Starry

Hi,

this seems to be the 2nd time that this \u0[/b] error did occur (other one here: http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?messageID=115329 )

Derek wrote: “In the users home directory, delete their settings.xml file. This should get them back in working order.”

So I hope that this will also help you.

LG

Hello!

Just deleting the settings.xml did NOT do it, but wipeing ALL the spark files and subdirs in the home directory did it!

Thanks alot!

Starry

May be is related to change the server name in de login panel ?

I’'m newbee usind spark, this is just an idea

Hi, I am having this same problem, but removing the spark files is not working. In fact I don’'t even have a settings.xml file as this is a fresh Spark installation.

This problem is ocurring on two independent machines (one Windows, one Linux) with the latest version of Spark (released today). The most intriguing is, I can connect using to my Wildfire server using Gaim in both machines.

Any ideas??