Spark issue with LDAP info not populating

Hello All,

I’ve experienced an issue with Spark and LDAP info populating for my users for a while now but just getting around to posting to see if anybody else has problems similar or a fix. To give some background on my setup:

1. Ubuntu 16 server with Openfire 4.1.1

2. Windows Server 2012 R2 with Active Directory

3. LDAP setup to show Job Title, Department, email, extension, and name in the “Profile Information” on a user in Spark

This works perfectly without issue in Spark 2.7.7. When spark starts up all this info is already populated for each user in our environment. I have since updated to all the 2.8.x builds and it will not show this info right away. I can right click on the user and view their profile and nothing is there. I will refresh and then all the info populates but I would have to do this for each one.

If someone can point me to where I should pull some logging for more info I would gladly do so.

Thank you!

please try this,

on a user that is experiencing this issue, please delete the temp files located in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Spark\user<JID-ACCOUNT>\vcards

1 Like

Speedy,

Thank you for the reply. I’ve tested this on my PC and it seems to have done the trick. Once I cleared out the items in the “vcards” folder and logged back into spark I could hover over a user and see their info populating.

Now I just need to add to my upgrade script to clear out the vcard folder .

Thanks!