Spark login to more than one fastpath workgroup

I’‘m using the current version of spark for linux (v2.0.0.1) and when i login in to one workgroup there doesn’'t seem to be any way to login to another.

Fastpath only allows an agent to be logged in to one workgroup at a time. If an agent is assigned to multiple workgroups, they should be prompted when they log on to Wildfire to choose which workgroup they want.

I was wondering if support for multiple fastpath logins might be available in the future.

We have been discussing this feature for a while, and would love to be able to allow for this, it’'s just a matter of time investment. I wish I could just say this is coming up, but we are still in the deciding phase on this one.

Cheers,

Derek

We would like to sponsor this feature. Is there a developer that would like to contract with us to do the work on this?

Hi Rob, I will try to contact you about this in a private message

1 Like

I’m willing to offer a code bounty on this for anyone who can get this in to the 2.6.0 release. PM me if you’re interested.

1 Like

Hi Issac, we are interested in this feature.

How can we help to develop it?

Diego

I too need this feature. It seems much of the fastpath code is constructed such that multiple workgroups per plugin would be a pain to create. It seems much simpler to me to create multiple plugins, and allow each one to connect to a specified workgroup.

If you notice, if the logged in user can only access 1 workgroup, fastpath automatically logs them into it, and the option to select a workgroup is disabled. This functionality could be modified so that each plugin has an option in the .properties file that specifies the workgroup to join (if the user has access, otherwise it hides that tab, like fastpath already does).

I’ve tried a little to implement this myself. So far I’ve just copy/pasted the fastpath.jar plugin and renamed it (and modified appropriate settings in the .properties file). The issue I’m running into is that the code to create the user interface needs to be modified so that each plugin creates objects on its own tab (currently they all smush together on the last fastpath tab).

I’ve back-burnered this project, in favor of trying to compile webchat (see this thread: http://community.igniterealtime.org/thread/47887).

Copy fastpath.jar and past as fastpath1.jar in same location under spark plugins folder , Then you can get two fastpath Tab were we can able to login to multi workgroup simultanioulsy , But there is some tabs mismatch taking place.