Spark on Mac freeze only on certain users

Hello All!

This is my first post here ever so my apologies that I don’t know as much as I would like about the Spark client and the troubleshooting steps needed to work on this issue. I’ve included a link below that is basically the issue one of my Spark users is having, only this user has a MacBook Pro (not a Windows Workstation).

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/237974-49-spark-freezes-messaging-unique-user

This is the only user in our company currently using a Mac, everyone else in the organization is using Windows 7 or Windows XP. This user can chat everyone in the company (about 15 users), except one user in particular. When he attempts to chat that particular user his client freezes and eventually he either has to shut-it-down or it shuts-down on its own (I can’t remember which).

I sent him the link from above (and I don’t currently have a Mac to try this on) and he basically said this link is specific to Windows users and he didn’t see anywhere to take similar steps. On my Windows 7 Machine I locate my transcripts under:

C:\Users<USERNAME HERE>\AppData\Roaming\Spark\user<username>@\transcripts

Maybe if somebody here can tell me where transcripts are stored on a Mac and I will have the user remove the transcript(s) that might be corrupt (thereby causing the Spark client to freeze). My other thought was to recommend he “disable chat history” under Preferences, as this might bypass the issue and at least narrow down the root cause.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I’m not familiar with Mac folder structire either. Maybe /home/user/.Spark ? Or you can disable chat history once and it will ask if you want to delete previous history. You can agree and it will delete old history (for all contacts). Then you can enable it again.

~/Library/Application Support/Spark

as usual for Macs