Spark Properties File

Hello,

I am in the process of trying to automate updating spark, as we have been using the older version and need all of our users to update to the newer one, I have a script that will delete old spark and install the new one. one of the problems I am facing though is that we can’t have users using the save password box built in to spark. We need our chat more secure, I’ve been reading online that the properties file has options that will hide said box but every time I make changes to this file and open spark it repopulates the file with the old settings. This one file is cause way more trouble then it should. is there someway to make spark not recreate the file every time?

Is it possible to edit the properties file on Openfire server?

Dylan Zimmerman wrote:

Is it possible to edit the properties file on Openfire server?

No

Dylan Zimmerman wrote:

I have a script that will delete old spark and install the new one

You don’t have to delete old one. Just install on top. Spark’s exe installer also supports -q switch for quiet installation.

Dylan Zimmerman wrote:

we can’t have users using the save password box built in to spark

You can achieve that by editing default.properties file inside the /program files/spark/lib/spark.jar

You need to find this:

Hides Save Password and Auto Login checkboxes on the Login screen and in the Preferences

HIDE_SAVE_PASSWORD_AND_AUTOLOGIN = false

And change to true. Then save this file inside the spark.jar (it is a zip file of sorts). Then you will have to redistribute that spark.jar to your users. You will have to modify and redistribute that file every time you want to install new version. Btw, this is only a visual trick. Users will still be able to change that option manually in spark.properties file and enable Password Save. I wasn’t able to figure out how to disable this completely. Well, i’m not actually a developer More information on default.properties Spark default.properties guide (updated)

Dylan Zimmerman wrote:

is there someway to make spark not recreate the file every time?

I didn’t understand the last part. Spark.properties file is created if there is no such file in Spark’s profile once you run it. That’s a normal behavior.