Spark skinning and auto updating question

Hi all,

Just configured the spark skinning and got a build for it. Then, in Wildfire Enterprise/Spark Version, I uploaded the newer spark client (the newly built one with our skins) as the default active Windows client. However, despite it being the “newer” version, none of the clients are auto-updating. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Doug Craig

rcprolab.com

Did you set it to the default client in the Wildfire Enterprise Tab as well? Would you attach a screenshot so I can see your settings there?

Here you go:

Doug Craig

rcprolab.com

Hi Doug,

This is occuring because of a bug in the Spark Manager when handling mutliple . I would recommened renaming your application to something along the lines of ourapp2_0_8.exe. We will be fixing this issue in the next release of Enterprise.

Cheers,

Derek

Hi Derek,

thanks for the info. I went ahead and made a new build, uploaded it, set it as default in the admin console, and it’‘s still not working. Here’'s another screen, including my attempt to manually check for updates from within Spark.

EDIT - I’‘m gonna go ahead and upgrade Wildfire and Fastpath to 3.2.1 to see if it fixes either of the two problems I’'m having right now…

Doug Craig

rcprolab.com

Message was edited by: dougcraig

Message was edited by: dougcraig

Nope, still not working. Any other ideas?

Doug Craig

rcprolab.com

Doug,

I think I see the problem–you’'re trying to have the auto update force an upgrade from standard 2.0.8 to custom 2.0.8.

The auto-update feature checks the version number and updates if it’‘s a newer version. It doesn’‘t differentiate between standard and custom (so it won’'t tell you a newer version is available if the only difference is standard vs. custom).

As a hack (not sure whether this will work), try renaming the custom file to 2_0_9 instead of 2_0_8, and let me know what happens

Okay, that worked… sort of.

I renamed the client exe to rcspark_2_0_9.exe. Then Spark recognized that there’‘s a new version, so prompted for download. Good so far. It installed correctly, etc. Then, after re-launching, it said, hey, there’‘s a new version. Repeat. I think Spark is checking the filename for version number (2.0.9), then it installs it, but it’‘s really version 2.0.8, so whenever it starts up again it thinks there’'s a new version. Is there any way you guys can fix the software on this?