Spark/smack compatibility

I am trying to develop a Sparkplug using the custom feature I developed in Smack. I checked out the latest code of Spark for my development. I built my custom feature in Smack-2.2.1 code.

I notice that Spark’'s latest code does not compile with Smack-2.2.1. Can anyone please let me know which revision of Smack code I should be using (I tied the latest Smack code from SVN too)?

Thanks,

Shravan

Hi,

The latest version of Spark in the 2.0 branch is now compatible with the latest smack.

Cheers,

Derek

ddman,

I’'ve tried Smack 2.2.1 and Spark 2.0.7.0.

They compile separetely well but when I copy JARs from Smack to Spark I’’ ve got hundreds of errors. See some below:

build:

Compiling 261 source files to C:\workspace\spark\target\classes

C:\workspace\spark\src\java\org\jivesoftware\spark\ui\conferences\Conferences.j ava:21: cannot find symbol

symbol : class BookmarkManager

import org.jivesoftware.smackx.bookmark.BookmarkManager;

^

C:\workspace\spark\src\java\org\jivesoftware\spark\ui\conferences\BookmarkedCon ferences.java:19: cannot find symbol

symbol : class BookmarkManager

import org.jivesoftware.smackx.bookmark.BookmarkManager;

^

C:\workspace\spark\src\java\org\jivesoftware\AccountCreationWizard.java:116: cannot find symbol

symbol : method escapeNode(java.lang.String)

return StringUtils.escapeNode(usernameField.getText().toLowerCase());

^

C:\workspace\spark\src\java\org\jivesoftware\spark\util\SwingWorker.java:77: warning: non-varargs call of varargs method

with inexact argument type for last parameter;

cast to java.lang.Object for a varargs call

cast to java.lang.Object[] for a non-varargs call and to suppress this warning

invokable.invoke(null);

^

C:\workspace\spark\src\java\org\jivesoftware\AccountCreationWizard.java:293: cannot find symbol

symbol : method connect()

con.connect();

^

C:\workspace\spark\src\java\org\jivesoftware\LoginDialog.java:321: cannot find symbol

symbol : method unescapeNode(java.lang.String)

usernameField.setText(StringUtils.unescapeNode(userProp));

^

C:\workspace\spark\src\java\org\jivesoftware\LoginDialog.java:376: cannot find symbol

Any idea of what i am doing wrong?

Kind Regards,

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me which version of Smack I should checkout in order to generate .JAR files compatible to Spark 2.0.7.0 ?

As ddman told the latest one was compatible, I’‘ve tried Smack 2.2.1 … nope! I’'ve got compilation errors.

Can anyone help me?

Kind Regards